The Australian Travellers Net
14.116MHz & 21.185MHz
The Australian Travellers Net operates 365 days of the year to provide a mantle of safety for Amateurs travelling long distances often in remote areas of Australia. This service is also available to Amateurs that are Maritime Mobile.
Phone numbers are available to anyone who wishes to send a message to travellers or inquire about their whereabouts. (Refer to contact list below) Urgent traffic will be given priority over Stations checking in.
If you are trying to contact a traveller directly please call via the net control then QSY to a clear frequency. During call backs the list of logged stations will be read back by net control, he will then call for any late check in and invite stations that may have messages for travellers to call now. Stations with traffic should then QSY to a clear frequency.
Relay stations will then be invited to call for stations that may not have been heard by net control.
Two Travellers Net Frequencies And Times
There are two nets in operation being 14.116MHz & 21.185 MHz.
The 14.116 MHz is manned from 0200 UTC daily for check ins. Call Back Time is 0300 UTC.
The 21.185 MHz is manned from 0400 UTC daily for check ins Call Back Time is 0500 UTC
The Aim Of The Travellers Net
1) Any urgent or priority traffic or relays to and from travellers as required.
2) A time and frequency for travellers to meet (a central get together point) and arrange to QSY up the band.
3) A terminal point (phone contact numbers) where messages can be left by family or friends to relay to travellers when they call in or an inquiry from family or friends as to a travellers last known location.
4) A known time and frequency where a traveller can guarantee contact in the event of a breakdown. It is assumed that all travellers driving in remote areas will have sufficient food and water to sustain themselves for a number of days.
5) A relay service between travellers when required.
14.116 MHz Travellers Net operator contact details:
Check In 02:00 UTC
Call Back 03:00 UTC
National Net Control Ross Cunningham VK5KMH - email@example.com - 0872250442
Relay Dougal VK4EKA firstname.lastname@example.org
Relay George email@example.com
Relay Noel VK4NL firstname.lastname@example.org 0413 958 216
Relay Doug VK3DEC email@example.com
Relay Bob VK7RP Vk7rpbob@gmail.com
21.185 MHz Travellers Net operator contact details:
Check In 04:00 UTC
Call Back 05:00 UTC
Net Control George VK4HGT firstname.lastname@example.org
Relay Ross VK5KMH email@example.com - 0872250442
Additional contact (both nets) Bob VK6KW firstname.lastname@example.org - 0407 442 650
Note: any of the above operators may act as Net Control from time to time.
Page Last Updated: Monday 4 June 2018 at 14:11 hours by Webmaster