Author : by Rich Arland, K7SZ Publisher : ARRL ISBN : 978-0-87259-582-8 EAN : 595828
Dimensions (cm) : 23.3(H) x 18.2(W) x 2.0(T) Weight (kg) : 0.45
Stock Status : Back Order Added To Bookshop : 5/
ARRL’s Low Power Communication is your guidebook to the fascinating world of low power QRP operating. With only 5 W or less–sometimes much less–you can enjoy conversations over hundreds and even thousands of miles.
* Tips to Get You Started the Right Way
* An introduction to QRP operating, FAQs for newbies and tips that even experienced amateurs will appreciate.
* Equipment and Station Accessories
* Off-the-shelf commercial gear, kit building and homebrew, including an all-new homebrew photo gallery.
* Antennas for QRP – Updated and Expanded!
* Wire beams, loops, dipoles, portable antennas and a look at the author’s new stealth antenna design.
* Operating Strategies
* Contesting, awards and advanced techniques for becoming a successful QRP operator.
* Emergency Communication
* Training, planning and other factors for utilizing low-power gear during an emergency.
* HF Propagation for the QPRer
* NEW! An authoritative look at likely propagation conditions for Solar Cycle 24.
* Plus, QRP calling frequencies, manufacturers???and much more!
Rich Arland became a licensed Amateur Radio operator in 1963. He also holds an FCC General Radiotelephone Operator’s License. Rich has authored many articles for ARRL, the national association for Amateur Radio, and its monthly journal, QST. He is an avid low-power radio operator and emergency communication volunteer. His newest volume of QRP information is the culmination of many months of research, interviews, antenna experimentation and building projects.