Grid Square Award
Requires contacts using the “Maidenhead” Locator grid square system.
Grid square locators are designated by combination of 2 letters (AA-RR)(a field), the squares by 2 numbers (00-99),and 2 sub-squares letters (aa-xx).). i.e. QF56od is the location Sydney, Australia.
Therefore the Grid Square for Sydney is QF56.
General Information for All Awards
Rules specific to this award
The GRID SQUARE award is available as recognition of the appropriate number of confirmed contacts with Amateur Radio stations in Grid Squares. It's purpose is to stimulate interest in the IARU grid-square system.
• General rules apply
• Requires contacts using the (IARU) three regions “Maidenhead” Locator grid square system. Note that the Maidenhead Locator system uses the WGS84 datum.
• Grid square fields are designated by combination of 2 letters (AA-RR), the squares by 2 numbers (00-99). i.e. QF56 is the location Sydney, Australia.
• The applicant must also quote the location or field where the contact was made from.
• All contacts must be land based.
• Minimum requirements are:
o 100 contacts on any combination of HF bands: 1.8, 3.5, 3.8, 7, 10, 14, 18, 21, 24, 28 MHz. (100 different locators), or
o 50 contacts for VHF 50-54 MHz. (50 different locators),, or
o 30 contacts for VHF 144-148 MHz. (30 different locators) , or
o 25 contacts for UHF 420-450 MHz. (25 different locators) , or
o 10 contacts for UHF 1240-1300 MHz. (10 different locators) , or
o 5 contacts for 13cm and above 2300-2450 MHz, SHF– EHF 248-250 GHz. (5 different locators)
How To Apply For The Award
Page Last Updated: Thursday 5 December 2019 at 19:53 hours