ACMA announce 2x1 Contest callsign release date.
8 October 2021
Lee Moyle - VK3GK
ACMA Amateur Radio Update: October 2021.
In ACMA's fourth amateur e-bulletin for 2021, ACMA provide an update on:
• the implementation of 2x1 contest callsigns
• amateur non-assigned licence tenure.
Implementation of 2x1 contest callsigns
ACMA recently conducted a survey seeking the views of the amateur radio community on allocation arrangements for 2x1 callsigns. ACMA received 415 responses, and thank everybody who contributed. A summary of the results can be found below.
After considering the feedback from the survey, the ACMA has recommended to the AMC that it starts allocating 2x1 callsigns based on the following arrangements:
• The AMC will manage the allocation of the 2x1 callsigns on behalf of the ACMA.
• The callsign template comprises VK$A-Z, VJ$A-Z and VL$A-Z.
• Callsigns are:
• issued exclusively for amateur radio contests
• limited to amateur radio clubs and holders of an Amateur Operators Certificate of Proficiency – Advanced
• limited to one 2x1 call sign per licenced station – not including repeater or beacon licences.
• Successful 2x1 callsign applicants are not required to obtain a new licence or vary an existing licence.
• 2x1 callsigns will be issued for a period of 12 months.
• Callsigns will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
The allocation process will commence at 10 am, 13 October 2021.
The full details of the ACMA release can be found here: Link
Page Last Updated: Friday, 08 Oct 2021 at 14:55 hours by Lee Moyle
Click Here To Return To Previous Page
© 2021 Wireless Institute of Australia all rights reserved.
The National Association for Amateur Radio in Australia
A member society of the International Amateur Radio Union (IARU)